For most, selecting a memorial for a loved one can be a very emotional and stressful time. It is a new and unfamiliar experience, which can make selecting the right monument very difficult. The perfect dedication is never easy but it is a very important part of your family history.
We at Monument Restoration are here to provide you with all of the support and time you need to make the right choices for you and your family. Our professional staff is caring and dedicated to assisting you with every aspect of this journey and we offer a non-stress and no-commitment atmosphere. We understand that a monument should be a tribute to life and a place for your family and friends to find peace. Feel free to use our inspirations, pre-planning and check-list resources to assist you in this process, and let us help you create that special memory.
- Has a plot been purchased?
- What cemetery?
- How many?
Questions to Ask Cemetery Staff
- What are the cemetery regulations?
- What type of stone can I have: an upright monument, flat or sloped marker, or a bronze marker?
- What is the minimum and maximum size of stone I can have on my plot?
- Can I have lettering on the back of the stone?
- Do I need a foundation?
- Are corner posts required? How many?
- Are there any additional costs such as staking fees or installation charges?
- Are footstones required or allowed?
Questions to help you make your selection with Monument Restoration
- What colour of stone do I want?
- Do I want an etching (detailed drawing)? If so, a dark stone is required to show off etching. Almost anything can be done provided there is room and the stone is the right colour for contrast purposes.
- What shape of stone do I want?
- Do I want a different shape or standard?
- What lettering (inscription) is to go on the monument?
- How do I want it displayed?
- Will there be future engravings on the monument? (There needs to be enough space for anything you would like engraved at a later date).
- How do I want to personalize my monument to create and everlasting tribute to my loved one?
- What did they like to do?
- What do I like to do?
- What size of stone best suits my needs and wants and fits within the cemetery regulations?
If you need help with any of the above questions, at Monument Restoration, we can assist you as well.